Virtual COM port imitates a logical device connection to your computer, without physical connection.
The application All-Hardware helps to configure a debugging session with all-hw.com service by creating a virtual COM port for the selected board.
Download the installer All-Hardware-Setup.exe here
- Or from the Connection and Tools page.
Before installation, any old versions of the application will be removed automatically
- Select the installation folder in the dialog box and click “Next>”.
- Give a name for the Start menu shortcut and click “Next>”.
- If you would like to create a desktop shortcut or if you would like to associate the ‘all-hw’ extension to the application All-Hardware (recommended), check the corresponding boxes and click “Next>”.
- Click “Install” to begin the installation.
- Click “Finish”, when the installation is complete.
- Install the application All-Hardware (see the Installation Instructions)
If you have installed the application before, make sure you have the latest version of the application
- On the Connection and Tools page download the configuration file
- Do one of the following:
If the box ‘Associate .all-hw extension’ was checked during the installation:
- Double-click on the configuration file.
If the box ‘Associate .all-hw extension’ was not checked during the installation:
- Launch the All-Hardware application
- Right click on the application icon in System Tray of the Windows Taskbar.
- Click “Open…”
- This will open the File Select dialog box, where you can select the downloaded configuration file and click “Open…”.
- Wait until the configuration of the virtual COM port is completed.
When you use the virtual COM port, UART on the website will not be available. Close the application before attempting to use the Web connection