Setting Up OpenVPN
VPN (Virtual Private Network) is a technology that creates a safe and encrypted connection over a less secure network, such as the Internet. It makes use of tunneling protocols to establish a secure connection.
Local administrator rights are required for installing OpenVPN. You can learn what type of account you have by following the instructions on the Microsoft site.
- Go to OpenVPN community-downloads official website.
- Find the required version and below it click on the button at the end of the line for the required installation package.
- In the opened dialog click “Save”.
- Open the folder where the installation package was downloaded to and run it.
- On the welcome installation wizard page click “Next>”.
- Accept terms of license by clicking “I Agree”.
- Select which components are to be installed and click “Next>”.
- Specify folder for OpenVPN, click “Install”.
- When installation is complete, click “Next>”.
- Click “Finish”.
OpenVPN is successfully installed.
- Download OpenVPN configuration file:
- Login = login
- Password = password
Link to OpenVPN configuration file, login and password are shown on the Connection and Tools page.
Run OpenVPN. If you do not have the application, download it at official website. For details see Setting Up OpenVPN.
Select “Import configuration” command in OpenVPN and select the downloaded file as configuration.
Select “Connect” command in OpenVPN.
In login dialog enter login and password.
A message about successful connection will be displayed.